Network Administration Skills at JTI is carefully developed to be in line with the evolving field of computer networks. The gained skills equips our graduates with the knowledge and practical skills needed to obtain the CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certificate. Jubail Technical Institute (JTI) is now a CISCO Local Academy delivering a globally competitive education that is internationally recognized. Network Administration Skills integrates Cisco Networking Academy courses in an innovative education initiative that delivers information and communication technology (ICT) skills to improve employment and career opportunities. Our Local Networking Academy provides online courses, interactive tools, and lab activities to prepare individuals for ICT and networking careers in virtually every type of industry.
This specialization is carefully designed to respond to the needs for technical support personnel in the field of Computer Networks. Trainees are able to install, cable, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-size routed and switched local networks in addition to implementing, and verifying WAN connections and virtual private networks (VPNs).
Upon completing the CISCO Academy courses integrated in our curriculum, our trainees are will have the ability to design, install, configure, verify, operate and troubleshoot more complex networking scenarios, which features IPv4 and IPv6 addressing, virtual LANs, multi area link state routing protocols, network performance optimizing, along with network authentication and security, as well as establishing and troubleshooting Wide Area Network connections to Internet Service Providers (ISPs).
Summary of skills competencies
Upon successfully completing the degree plan, graduates will have thorough understanding of how computer networks work, in addition to sufficient knowledge of PC maintenance skills. Graduates will also be able to follow the right technical approach in accomplishing networking tasks that fit in CCNA level. Cabling and network access skills are also obtained to differentiate between access media and select the proper media and technology in different situations.
The Switches and Routers basic and advanced configuration skills are practically implemented in ideal and modern CISCO labs which are equipped with the latest networking devices to present optimal practical experience to our trainees, leading to mastering Routing and Switching protocols and technologies. Small branch network and Medium sized network installation and equipment preparations along with networks verifications and troubleshooting are essential skills that will be mastered by our graduates, featuring basic network security which is a requirement for most entry-level networking support positions such as Entry Level Help Desk Technician and Entry Level Technical Support roles.
Main Network Administration skills are summarized as follows:
- Describe the devices and services used to support communications in data networks and the Internet
- Describe the role of protocol layers in data networks
- Describe the importance of addressing and naming schemes at various layers of data networks in IPv4 and IPv6 environments, and design, calculate, and apply subnet masks and addresses to fulfill given requirements in IPv4 and IPv6 network
- Build a simple Ethernet network using routers and switches
- Use Cisco command-line interface (CLI) commands to perform basic router and switch configurations
- Describe enhanced switching technologies such as VLANs, VLAN Trunking Protocol, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol, and 802.1q
- Describe basic switching concepts and the operation of Cisco switches and routers.
- Configure and troubleshoot basic operations of a small switched network and small routed network
- Configure and troubleshoot VLANs and inter-VLAN routing
- Describe the operations of Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol and Domain Name System for IPv4 and IPv6, and configure and troubleshoot DHCP and DNS operations for IPv4 and IPv6
- Describe the operations and benefits of the Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) and and the Cisco VLAN Trunk Protocol (VTP), and perform STP and VTPconfigurations and troubleshooting
- Configure and troubleshoot basic operations of routers in a complex routed network for IPv4 and IPv6
- Configure and troubleshoot advanced operations of routers and implement RIP, OSPF, and EIGRP routing protocols for IPv4 and IPv6
- Manage Cisco IOS® Software licensing and configuration files
- Describe the operations and benefits of virtual private networks (VPNs) and tunneling
- Describe different WAN technologies and their benefits
- Configure and troubleshoot serial and broadband connections
- Monitor and troubleshoot network operations using syslog, SNMP, and NetFlow
- Design network architectures for borderless networks, data centers, and collaboration
What are the career opportunities ?
The major is designed to prepare graduates for employment in a wide variety of corporate environments in the industrial, governmental and service sectors in the kingdom. Graduates will be employed as:
- Computer Technicians
- Network Technicians
- Network Administrators
- Helpdesk Support
- Technical Support
- Computer Laboratory Technicians
|Sr||Course Code||Course Name||Contact Hours/|
|1||CITS 1207||Advanced Computer Applications||5||2|
|2||CITS 1208||Computer Hardware & Operating System||5||2|
|3||CITS 1209||PC Essentials||5||3|
|4||CITS 1210||Network Technology||5||3|
|5||ITNA 1218||Network Fundamentals||7||4|
|6||ITNA 1219||Network Fundamentals-Integration||3||1|
|7||ENGC 1404||English communication||3||2|
|Sr||Course Code||Course Name||Contact Hours/|
|1||ITNA 2220||Routing Protocols and Accessing the WAN||8||4|
|2||ITNA 2221||Routing Protocols and Accessing the WANIntegration||6||3|
|3||ITNA 2222||LAN Switching and WAN Technology||8||4|
|4||ITNA 2223||LAN Switching and WAN Technology-Integration||6||3|
|5||ITNA 2224||Networking Project||2||1|
|6||TRWT 2406||Technical Report Writing||3||2|
| Coop (15 Weeks)|
|Sr||Course Code||Course Name||Working Hours||Equivalent Contact |
|1||ITNA 3225||Cooperative Training Program||600||120||4|