Computer and Information Technology skills Department currently provides two main skills namely:
- PC Support Skills ITPC
- Network Administration Skills ITNA.
In the department approved curriculums, we aligned the training material with major vendors of the IT market like Microsoft, CISCO and compTIA to provide the trainees with the practical and theoretical knowledge needed in the industry. Our Department accommodates a variety of professional labs dedicated to offering the convenient modern training environment that simulates the real working environment. Featuring developed dynamic training material that is constantly being revised to smoothly absorb and include new trends of the market in our curriculums, which are handled by well qualified instructors with the right experience.
The development of dynamic and flexible degree plans, that are carefully designed to be highly compatible with the labor market needs, is one of the major achievements of the department, thus, our trainees are job ready graduate with proper industrial and internationally recognized professional certifications as they are taught and trained on what is really needed in the market. The achievements of the department also include establishing a variety of distinct and valuable additions to the department including the Pearson VUE and PROMETRIC testing center, CISCO Local Academy, Microsoft Academy, and ICDL Training and Testing Center.
The Pearson VUE and PROMETRIC international testing center.
- Jubail Technical Institute is now an accredited and approved international testing center, by PEARSON VUE and PROMETRIC, the global leaders in the field of providing exams of international specialists in the field of computer and information technology. Providing a wide range of integrated services for data management and delivery of exams through a secured network of test centers in 165 countries around the world.
- Our trainees are now able to conduct their professional accredited certification locally at JTI, not to mention that this is a free service offered by our department to our trainees and the local community who are interested in professional certification exam.
Cisco Local Networking Academy
By integrating the courses of the Cisco Academy into our own degree plan of Network administration skills, we offer our trainees with a competent modern educational and practical training environment, resulting in a job ready graduate equipped with the necessary hands on skills in addition to the entry and associate level of Cisco certifications. Accordingly, our graduates will practically cover the skills needed by network administrators, network operators, network technical support, network installation specialist, and network design specialist.
International Computer Driving License Training and Testing Center
Jubail Technical Institute is approved as a Certified Training and Testing center as from the academic year 1431/1432 AH. The department provides a variety of training materials that include ICDL exam preparations as well as well as providing a service for the basic skills department through the computer application course.
Being one of the leading programs in the field of IT Education, Microsoft academy enables us to expand employment opportunities for students of professional Microsoft office skills, to the more professional skills of the network operators and administrators with the ability to support employment and productivity in the local labor force.
The gained benefits of getting up Microsoft Academy are: -
- Providing an opportunity for our trainees to be trained on Microsoft products as per the Microsoft standards.
- Provide training materials certified by Microsoft to be available for students and teachers
- Increasing employments opportunities for our IT graduates, considering Microsoft share of the employment market.
- The ability of customizing short course and special programs tailored to meet companies' requirements by offering a variety of training programs available from Microsoft
Special Programs and short courses
In coordination with the Special Program Unit and the Community Services activities, our department offers a wide range of special programs and short courses to companies working in Jubail Industrial City and the community. Examples include MS office products, PC Preventive Maintenance Course, Introduction to Network Technology, introduction to Adobe Photoshop and program management office (secretarial)