Is the modern way of teaching methods, which employ modern technologies and communication mechanisms to support the process of education and training to raise the quality of operations and share information. It is an integrated system of e-learning courses and virtual classrooms that offer through the portal, and beyond that to management of the educational process
E-learning and learning management systems
Learning Management Systems is one of the requirements of e-learning, and emerged as a result of the urgent need to regulate e- learning content and management of the educational process, in addition to the follow-up of students and trainees and prepare the necessary reports and tests.
And "LMS" is an acronym for (Learning Management System). It is a software program designed to help manage, monitor and evaluate training and continuing education and learning activities in all educational establishments and different training . It can also interact with the trainees by discussion topics and virtual meetings and forums.
E-Learning aims in general to:
- Developing economic knowledge and saving experiences
- Building Educated Organizations
- Improving efficiency and quality of training
- Non-compliance with time and place
- Rapid Training
- Exchange information directly and fast
- Produce a number of electronic courses and interactive lessons
- Accurate survey to measure the extent of benefit from the program
Types of E-Learning
• Synchronous Learning: learn in the timing and specific scheduler, irrespective of whoever the geographical dimension, where the trainers connect with trainees at the same time through a virtual classroom
• Asynchronous Learning: the trainee chooses the right time of learning in terms of learning does not have dates scheduled. He will learn through the learning management system and study interactive materials and has the freedom to choose the time and the right place for him.